Sunday, March 18, 2007

New version of qtpfsgui!

Hi there,

Giuseppe Rota has released a new version of qtpfsgui over at sourceforge, it's now at version 1.8.2. I have compiled an universal binary, but have not packaged it up yet. Stay tuned, it will appear here, and hopefully at sourceforge as well, tomorrow. For now, adventurous people can grab a zip-file with the app.

The problems with my 1.8.1 on PowerPC was presumable due to some alignment problem, and should be fixed in this version. For those of you who know what I'm taking about, I'm happy to get some reports!

Update 19.03: One user reports that the colorproblem on PowerPC with the 1.8.1 version is fixed (by upstream maintainer, Guiseppe Rota) in this version.

Second update 19.03: The dmg for v.1.8.2 is now up at one of my other places. There seems to be a problem with sourceforge tonight, but as soon as that is sorted out I will make this as a release there. Future releases of the MacOSX version of qtpfsgui will probably only be at sourceforge, but I will continue to comment on it here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, just downloaded the dmg to my iMac G5... doubleclicked it.
Nothing! Happens.

I havent found a mail adr. to ask :)

Åsmund Ødegård said...

Hmm... Did you get the latest one (v. 1.8.3) from sourceforge? As the dmg definitly works for me, I will in that case guess just an incomplete download, please try again.

If it does not work, you may reach me wither at the qtpfsgui group at flickr, or you can find my email-adress under "developers" at sourceforge.net/projects/qtpfsgui. Don't hesitate to contact me!

Anonymous said...

I'm getting the same problem. When starting in the Terminal I get the output below. Seems I need to install Qt first:

/Applications/qtpfsgui.app/Contents/MacOS/qtpfsgui
dyld: Library not loaded: QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui
Referenced from: /Applications/qtpfsgui.app/Contents/MacOS/qtpfsgui
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

Åsmund Ødegård said...

Sure - you need to get Qt4 from trolltech. I'm pretty sure that was mentioned somewhere here before... Maybe I only mentioned that in the qtpfsgui group at flickr.

This is direct link to the Qt4 you need! I plan to build a dmg with the all the necessary libs included, but I'm not sure when that will happen, maybe with the next release of qtpfsgui.

Hope this helps!

Åsmund Ødegård said...

Do you guys have the Qt4 installed? That seems to be the issue most of the time.

This is the Qt4 I have tested qtpfsgui against. If that does not solve the problem, I think we can resolve this issue more easily om email, please contact me on the address shown at the qtpfsgui project page at sourceforge, we can report back here in the comments when it is resolved!