Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Qtpfsgui news!

Hi, Giuseppe figured out the problem with qtpfsgui 1.8.12 on OSX today, and created a sucessful fix. The 1.8.12 version now compiles and runs just fine on the Mac again.

I have uploaded the new version over at sourceforge, please grab it there. In the process of eliminating sources for errors, I have also upgraded my tool chain a bit. There are therefor now newer versions of most of the dependencies, but since most of these are linked directly into the binary you should not need to do anything. I have however updated my version of Qt. I believe that Qt is sufficiently backwards compatible such that this should not cause a problem, but if you get any problem running the new binary, please update Qt by downloading the newest version from this link. You may also visit http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/mac where the download-link for the diskimage can be found, as well as sources.

Now that 1.8.12 is out the door, I will look into the alignment functionality that Giuseppe have included, to see what kind of problems that pose on the Mac.

Take care.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool thx very much! How does the hugin auto align stuff work? It's grayed out here

Åsmund Ødegård said...

Hi,

the hugin auto-align need some work, so it is not included in 1.8.12. I'm working on it and will hopefully upload a modified dmg for 1.8.12 with auto-align included one of the next days

take care!

Anonymous said...

any luck with hugin yet?

Åsmund Ødegård said...

Sorry, not yet. Some code-changes seems to be necessary, but I hope to figure that out together with Giuseppe one of the first days!

Stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

1.9 for OS X soon?

Åsmund Ødegård said...

Hopefully I can get it out during the hollidays. I've beenvery busy lately. Besides, I upgraded to Leopard in November and have not yet fully rebuild the necessary infrastructure to build qtpfsgui. I will create a binary that is both Tiger and Leopard compatible, but I had some problems when building the exiv dependency. According to the exiv maillists, that should be fixed by now so I will ive it another try.

Stay tuned!

Anonymous said...

Hows going with the development on 1.9.0 os x?

Åsmund Ødegård said...

Unfortunately not very good, don't have much spare time for that right now :-(

So, if some one wants to chime in, I'm happy to assist. The showstopper so far is the exiv2 library, which I can't get to compile on my machine, and I haven't had enough time to look into it to a degree that I'm comfortable asking questions to the exiv folks about it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

JBT said...

I want to try this software but all it does on my mac give me "the application qtpfsgui quite unexpectedly"
dialog box.

I have tried both 1.8.12 and 1.9.0_1.
I have mac os 10.5.2 running on a Macbook Pro.

Can anyone help?

Åsmund Ødegård said...

@jbt: Have you tried the new 1.9.1 I uploaded at sourceforge today? It should work just fine on your setup (as it closely match mine).

Remember that you have to get Qt from trolltech.com, though, if you haven't done so yet.