Thursday, March 16, 2006

The topic for my trial lecture

Today, I have received the topic for my trial lecture. The title of the lecture is:

Verification of Scientific Codes

Not a bad topic at all. Alltough this is something we don't think about every day, it sure is an important part of what I do. If we can't say anything about the correctness of the programs that we write inorder to say something about scientific problems, how can we then use the program to draw any conclusions for the problem that we investigate.

Also, a few years back we discussed this topic within the group, and one of my coworkers even produced some software that target some of the issues within this field. So I have someone to ask, and do have some ideas my self as well.

A trial lecture is never a walk in the park, but at least this is something that I can relate to, so I think it is an ok topic.

Now, on to diggin' out references, reading material and start producing slides for the talk. You wan't see much of me the next two weeks...

Take care folks,

No comments: