Friday, March 05, 2004

New Phone



The last year my phone has been a SonyEricsson P800. Great phone and a great PDA. There was only a single show-stopper: It does not team particullary well with Linux. So today I got rid of it. I really feel sorry, and it served me well, but I can't take it any more.

My new phone is the SonyEricsson Z600 (go check SonyEricsson.com). That one is just a phone - no PDA. But then, it took me about 30seconds to sync it with my evolution running on my linux-laptop. That is a winner.

I Guess I will miss the PDA functionality of the P800, like the nice e-mail client, the possibility to take notes and even surf the web with Opera, so I guess I will buy another PDA - probably either a Sony ux-50 or the Sharp Zaurus C860. I really want a linux-based PDA, but then it also need to 'sport at least Bluetooth, hopefully WiFi as well.

Have to search a bit more I guess before I decided what to do!

No comments: